On-Location, (mostly) candid photography in Fulton/Montgomery County, New York and surrounding areas.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Drama, Drama, Drama!

This week's challenge at I ♥ faces is "Dramatic Black and White", and if you have a daughter, you're well aware just how much drama they bring into your life! Mine is 5 years old, and most likely a super-hero(!) She is always full of drama, and getting her to play model for me is usually a huge struggle. The other day I finally begged and pleaded enough to get her to agree, and promised a fun location to boot! Off we went to the beach, where she cooperated for about 3 minutes, then wanted to run and play and throw rocks. Now, I love that part of her, but I had a very specific vision in mind for this shoot...needless to say I only partially captured it. I'm sure you'll all agree that just the look on my Amelia-mazing's face makes this picture 'moody', but I also love all the different shades of gray in this image, and the way her face is shadowed by the hat.



Please click the button below to see more AMAZING "Dramatic Black and Whites" at I ♥ faces!


13 comments:

Jess said...

What a wonderful location to shoot! She is awfully adorable grumpy. I'm loving the lines of the scarf.

stacy: the aunt with gum said...

great composition with the water & beach in the background. love her grumpy face.
and thanks for the nice comment on my entry!

Jessica said...

Beautiful!! Great job on the post processing. I know how it goes with the drama! And my little girl is only 1 :)

SBSAKE Photography said...

I love the clearness of this picture and the expression on the face. This is a really nice picture!

Unknown said...

I love this picture. I love the setting. And her coat. I reall, really LOVE her coat : )

Marvett Smith said...

Great shot! She seems so alone. It gives it a great mood.

Raymonde said...

Love it! The water is so calm!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

What a lovely photo, very emotive.

Unknown said...

Great drama! I love the setting, her outfit, everything! My boys feel the same way about getting their picture taken.

Amy Henderson said...

Really great shot! Makes me smile! Little drama queen ;)hehe

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

What a great shot!!! Love the grumpy face, just too cute!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Oh, I love this capture too!! I can so relate to this age as my two little ones are approaching 5 very quickly!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

.Erin Cassidy said...

Very great shot Sara!

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I ♥ comments, so please leave one!