On-Location, (mostly) candid photography in Fulton/Montgomery County, New York and surrounding areas.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Project 365....day 40

Today my husband had a light morning, which afforded me the chance to get out of the house early this morning and run some errands. On my way back in the direction of my house, I happened across this Civil War Cemetery. Now, you all might know this, but our little economically depressed corner of New York is a very old area, lots of it founded pre-civil war time. I also had the time this morning to go check out another favorite historical location of mine; Sir Wm. Johnson Hall. (For more information on the Sir William Johnson Hall go here: ) Here are a couple different historical locations from the beautiful, historic Johnstown NY!

The entry to aforementioned civil war cemetery.




Very, very, very old graves.




A long view of Johnson Hall




A closer look at the well out front.




I just loved the way the light looked under the trees here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I ♥ comments, so please leave one!